Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lab B2

During Lab B2 I was very confident and with having the experience of the past two labs I felt very confident in the fact that i will execute everything I need to do. I started with a strong introduction and hook. My inspiration for my hook came from when i was home the weekend before. I returned home to see my high school football rivalry game. My high school team ran the power i formation 90 percent of the time and it made me think of the stack. They are both short yard plays to keep the ball or the frisbee moving up field. I thought this would be a good visualizer for my students.

One aspect of my performance that I was disappointed in was that once again I forgot to say my safety statement and my signal for attention. I feel like I am worrying to much on the actual tasks that I am going have to teach. I need to slow my thoughts down and remember to add those two very important aspects of teaching.

My demonstration was done efficiently but I only did one time. I gave them all of the cues and a good demo but just need to slow it down once for them and more than once. Some things I believe I did well was being confident throughout the whole lesson, and the debrief and reviewing my tasks.

I think that I improved tremendously since lab B1 and only hope to get better. I am working to try and better prepare myself for lessons because that is the most crucial part of teaching in my eyes. Always be ready to change tasks and have something else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment